Subject: Filename globbing with non-Cygwin parents...
From: [email-masked] (Robertson, Jason V)

24 Jul 1998 05:15:27 -0700
Message-ID: <7BEBE893ABDFD111AC3F00A0C96B159F5C4CF4.cygnus.gnu-win32@FMSMSX32>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

I just did more investigating and I think I understand why non-Cygwin
parents will cause children to glob the commandline arguments.  If the PID
environment variable were still used in b19.1 (it's not - correct?) instead
of the shared_info structure I could fake out children that I'm a Cygnus
application.

Is it possible to maybe use both the old PID method and the newer one and
maybe just OR them together to determine parentship?  I need to be able to
pretend I'm a Cygnus application somehow and I don't know how to do this
unless there's a PID variable.

Or is there a better way to turn off globbing in children?  I would also
need a way for a non-Cygwin application to determine if its parent is a
Cygwin application.

Any suggestions?  I'm not very familiar with the cygwin internals...

Thanks,
Jason
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".