Subject: No error messages from mingw32 gcc.exe
From: [email-masked] (Pierre Dolmans)

24 Jul 1998 04:16:43 -0700
Message-ID: <001801bdb680$ffb282c0$25654ec1.cygnus.gnu-win32@p333>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

Hi,

I have a program running on Cygwin32, but for several reasons I want to
switch to Mingw32 now. Therefore I have installed Mingw32, and changed my
environment variables in accordance with the installation documentation.

However, the Makefile that worked fine with Cygwin32, caused lot's of
problems with Mingw32. Therefore I searched the mail archives, where I came
across an advise to use make.exe from Cygwin32 instead of make.exe from
Mingw32.

Now that I have switched to the Cygwin32 make.exe, the Makefiles seem to
work a lot better.
However, if a compile fails, I don't see the error messages from the
compiler, but just get the make output that looks like this:

C:\test> make test
gcc -c test.c
make: *** [test.o] Error 1

So, I now know that Error 1 tells me that there was an error during the
compile, but I can't see the error messages from the compiler. Does anybody
have a clue what is happening here ? Where are the compiler error messages
going ?????

Thanks in advance

Pierre Dolmans

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".