Subject: RE: ./configure
From: [email-masked] (Jeff Paulsen)

23 Jul 1998 03:13:14 -0700
Message-ID: <BB19A85E3397D11190EA00805F5703877809.cygnus.gnu-win32@PDX1NT02>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: "'Robin Crampton'" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

> I'm trying to build xemacs b50 (on the advice of   
> [email-masked], thanks!).
> ./configure gets so far and then hangs (at different points).

I had a similar problem. I made sure that /bin/sh is NOT a copy of
bash.exe (it should be a copy of the stock sh.exe), and this problem
went away. I don't know why.

Also, APPLY THE USB PATCH, as this fixed a Cygwin hanging problem for me
as well.

Dr. Piper's /usr/local/ is great, but his libXpm.a requires X11, so if
you prefer an XEmacs w/o X but with Xpm, you will need to build your
own; ask if you want more details (it won't work out of the box).

--
Jeff Paulsen
[email-masked] 
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".