Subject: Mixing GNU-Win32 and MSVC++
From: [email-masked] (Pete Jordan)

22 Jul 1998 02:31:47 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

I'm (attempting) to write a Perl scripting plug-in for a program written 
in MSVC++.

The program expects a set of entry points in the plug-in with particular 
names. Trouble is, egcs/ld insist on appending '@4'-style parameter counts 
to stdcall routine names and the program doesn't want them...

I've searched thus far in vain in the man pages, the FAQ and through this 
list for any way to switch the name mangling off - has anyone any 
suggestions for a way round this?

FWIW, I have the same problem with exported entries in the program - they 
lack the suffices. I've possibly dealt with this by adding the parameter 
counts to the names in the .def file I feed dlltool to generate the 
interface library to the program. This /seems/ to work; at least nothing 
complains during the build process, but without the first problem solved I 
can't actually check...

TIA for any help,

Pete Jordan ~ Horus Communications Ltd ~ http://www.horus.cix.co.uk/

"As soon as we have defined something, we have ipso facto created
 three things: whatever is included in our definition, whatever is
 not included in our definition, and the relationship between them."
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".