Subject: Re: how to apply patch
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

21 Jul 1998 03:31:24 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: mcbskt <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, mcbskt wrote:

> Request for procedure to apply patches for
> 
> cygnus-ecgs1.03 to the existing installed cygnus-ecgs1.02
> 

I don't really understand the question. Do you want to build egcs-1.0.3a
for cygwin32 from source code? You can't really patch the binary
distribution, so you'll have to build from scratch. I have patches for
egcs-1.0.3a (plus *lots* of local changes -- take it at your own risk)
on my cygwin32 ftp area:
ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/cygwin32/snapashots/egcs-1.0.3a

egcs-1.0.3a really doesn't benefit cygwin32 users (it was released mostly
to support RedHat 5.x), so you might want to wait till egcs-1.1 is
released sometime early August. Lots of bug fixes and some new features
for Win32 (dllimport/export for example).

Mumit

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".