Subject: Poor performance of bash cd command
From: [email-masked] (Earl Chew)

19 Jul 1998 23:53:02 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

I'm running b19.1 with bash 2.01.1(2)-release.

Why does:
  cd e:/

take about 10 seconds to execute (ensure that you're somewhere
else first)?

And:
  cd //e

takes the expected amount of time?

Earl
-- 
>----------------------------------------------------------------------+
> Earl Chew                              mailto:[email-masked]       |
> Hewlett-Packard Australia              Tel:   +61 3 9210 5528        |
> Advanced Networks Division             Fax:   +61 3 9210 5550        |
> 347 Burwood Highway                    GPS:   37 51'46"S 145 10'03"E |
> Burwood East, Victoria 3151, Australia                               |
>----------------------------------------------------------------------+
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".