Subject: Re: Passing list of objects to GNU ld...
From: [email-masked] (Berend Ozceri)

18 Jul 1998 15:06:21 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: "Eric Devolder" <[email-masked]>

Excerpts from gnu-win32: 17-Jul-98 Re: Passing list of objects by Eric Devolder 
         
>The same problem exists in the course of creating the library. If you have
>lots of object files needed to link together for a program, then you may also
>have lots of object files to place in the library.
>
>I for one would like a feature of being able to list the object files in a
>text file. On a daily basis I use this feature in commercial tool-chains.
>
>Eric

I couldn't have said it any better. Thank you Eric.

And thanks to everyone that suggested solutions. The most promising one seems 
to be that of generating a linker script that specifies the input files, but I 
haven't gotten around to trying it out.

In the meantime, I share Eric's belief that this would be a very desirable 
feature for the GNU linker.

Berend
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".