Subject: Alternatives to windres
From: [email-masked] (root)

18 Jul 1998 15:06:11 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text
To: [email-masked]

> 
> Hi,
> 
> Can anyone suggest an alternative for windres on ecgs Mingw32.

[long story cut for brevity]

Yes. I can offer an alternative. I have written a resource compiler and a
resource editor.
The resource compiler is called 'lrc.exe' (lcc's resource compiler), and the
editor is called weditres.exe. The editor allows you to design your dialog boxes
using an intuitive drag and drop interface: you drag your controls into your
dialog box, move them around, etc.
It will generate a .DLG file containing an ASCII description of the dialogs
that you can #include in your .rc file. It will generate too a .res file that
you can link with your executable directly if your compiler supports it.
And if you want, it will generate a .c file that implements your dialog boxes
and gives them dynamic behaviour like allowing you to change the color or the
font of your dialog's text fields, to automatically check things at runtime,
etc.

You can compile the generated .dlg file with any resource compiler, or you can
use lcc's resource compiler "lrc" for doing this.

You can download this (and all the lcc compiler) from:
http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32

The lcc compiler is a C compiler, not a C++ compiler.
It is free software. You do not have to pay anything to use it. Your are only
not allowed to resell it. You can resell the programs compiled using lrc or
weditres of course. But you shouldn't resell the binaries.

P.S. By the way, if you arrive to sell something I am giving for free you are
a marketing genius! Please contact me. :-)

-- 
Jacob Navia	Logiciels/Informatique
41 rue Maurice Ravel			Tel 01 48.23.51.44
93430 Villetaneuse 			Fax 01 48.23.95.39
France

-- 
Jacob Navia	Logiciels/Informatique
41 rue Maurice Ravel			Tel 01 48.23.51.44
93430 Villetaneuse 			Fax 01 48.23.95.39
France
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".