Subject: Pregnant Pauses with bash...
From: [email-masked] (Lyle Johnson)

18 Jul 1998 11:55:22 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

All,

For what it's worth, I still have the problem with bash pausing for several
seconds whenever I change directories. It only seems to be a problem when I
give an explicit path for the command, e.g.

	cd c:/winnt/system32

If I only use relative paths it doesn't seem to hang up, e.g.

	cd ../../src/app

I looked through the mailing list archives and saw the advice about
unsetting the MAILCHECK environment variable; that doesn't fix it. Also, per
the FAQ list, I made sure that my Bash shortcut specifies a startup
directory; that doesn't fix it. If I start a DOS shell and then start bash
from within that shell, it seems to fix the problem.

So... is there any progress on tracking down the underlying bug(s)?

Lyle

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".