Subject: RE: bash hangs the system
From: [email-masked] (Robin Crampton)

16 Jul 1998 19:46:28 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

For the first problem (from the FAQ):

Windows 95 freezing up
======================

   Control-c's in bash under Win 95 can lock up the Win 95 kernel,
freezing your machine.  This problem can be fixed if you are running
the OSR2 version of Win 95 by installing the USB patch available on
OSR2 CDs or on MSDN subscription CDs.  More information about OSR2 and
the USB patch is available from
`http://www.compuclinic.com/osr2faq/index.html'.

>attempting to execute a file that can't be found
I've never had a problem:

$ wibble
BASH.EXE: wibble: command not found
[exited with 127]
$

>cat as used in the configure scripts
I haven't run a configure script yet...

Hope this helps (well, the FAQ extract anyway :-))  

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".