Subject: WINDRES alternative for egcs Mingw32 on Win95
From: [email-masked] (Douglas Steele)

16 Jul 1998 16:19:57 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

Can anyone suggest an alternative for windres on ecgs Mingw32.
On some Win95 setups it fails because when it does a popen it dumps the
res file to the screen instead of passing it to gcc.  Problem, according
to Mumit, is due not to windres, but to various Win95 DLL's which are
used by Mingw32.

It was suggested to me that I try to use windres compiled with djgpp
ftp://sirio.stat.unipd.it/pub/misc and this compiles OK.  Even links OK.
Trouble is that I get a runtime error
(system crash with blue screen
Fatal Exception 0E at 0137:BFF9A07C
then
R incurred invalid page fault in module <unknown> at bffb:00080020)

Presumably an incompatible windres.

So, can anyone suggest an alternative to windres for Mingw32 ecgs ?
(Unfortunately, I do not have the computing resources or experience to
fix the popen problem in Mingw32 directly)

-- 
Douglas Steele
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".