Subject: multithreaded or reentrant libraries
From: [email-masked] (Ron G. Minnich)

16 Jul 1998 10:49:23 -0700
Message-ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.980715233703.4779A-100000.cygnus.gnu-win32@terra>
References: <01BDAF17.C719FE40@drs>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

I failed today to get some fellow researchers to standardize on the cygnus
toolset as opposed to VC++ for Windows/NT. The principle objection was the
lack of support for multithreaded apps. Any thoughts here on how far away
this is would be good to hear. I was disappointed to see these folks
choose a proprietary tool chain. 

ron

Ron Minnich                |Java: an operating-system-independent, 
[email-masked]       |architecture-independent programming language
(609)-734-3120             |for Windows/95 and Windows/NT on the Pentium
ftp://ftp.sarnoff.com/pub/mnfs/www/docs/cluster.html 

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".