Subject: Re: bash hangs the system
From: [email-masked]

16 Jul 1998 09:08:11 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

In a message dated 7/15/98 9:47:43 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[email-masked] writes:

>  I'm unable to 
>  get through a configure ofthe shar-utils without hanging the machine

This didn't cause me any problems.   I have found that some packages won't
configure or build without more complete compilers, such as egcs or gcc-2.8.1.
Rather than learning how to specify search paths as arguments to configure,
I've linked the main /bin directory to /bin, and also made links to cause
everything to show up under /usr as it would in Linux.  Probably not cool, but
it gets me over some path problems.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".