Subject: Re: egcs1.0.2mingw32 c++ dll crashes @new
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

16 Jul 1998 06:52:15 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Mark Salazar <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, Mark Salazar wrote:

> Things to consider:
> - the module in question is built as a DLL which perl loads with 
> LoadLibraryEx;

Is the DLL built with GCC as well? There are also restrictions in Win32 on
where memory is allocated and then deallocated.

> - perl itself contains no C++ code. Is memory allocation coordinated 
> automatically between C and C++ code in gnu-win32/egcs?

Yes, it is.

Not knowing anything about your code, it's almost impossible to tell
obviously. I however as usual suspect that there is a memory related
bug somewhere that's causing the later crash (at the very least, you're
seeing the typical symptom of that). I know it's not very helpful, but
I'll track the following:
  
  - try to pair allocation and deallocation
  - make sure memory allocation is one DLL is not freed by another DLL;
    ditto for main program.

Mumit

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".