Subject: remote utils crashing!
From: [email-masked] (Sandeep Neema)

16 Jul 1998 00:13:18 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

Hi,
I am running cygwin32 b-19 on a W9x box. I recently acquired the remote
utils
binaries from Sergei Opakhin's site. I can run inetd, however, inetd
fails to launch
any of the deamons like telnetd, ftpd or fingerd. It reports a
STATUS_ACCESS_
VIOLATION and dumps a core. The core is as follows:

(D:\USR\LOCAL\SBIN\INETD.EXE 1063) Exception trapped!
(D:\USR\LOCAL\SBIN\INETD.EXE 1063) exception C0000005 at 7C11427F
(D:\USR\LOCAL\SBIN\INETD.EXE 1063) exception: ax 411A7C bx 0 cx 253F390
dx 8167BF0C
(D:\USR\LOCAL\SBIN\INETD.EXE 1063) exception: si 7C11601C di 253F3E4 bp
253F394 sp 253F368
(D:\USR\LOCAL\SBIN\INETD.EXE 1063) exception is: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

(D:\USR\LOCAL\SBIN\INETD.EXE 1063) Stack trace:
(D:\USR\LOCAL\SBIN\INETD.EXE 1063) frame 0: sp = 0x253F07C, pc =
0x1000A26C
(D:\USR\LOCAL\SBIN\INETD.EXE 1063) frame 1: sp = 0x253F1A0, pc =
0xBFF76841
(D:\USR\LOCAL\SBIN\INETD.EXE 1063) frame 2: sp = 0x253F1C4, pc =
0xBFF86FC0
(D:\USR\LOCAL\SBIN\INETD.EXE 1063) frame 3: sp = 0x253F258, pc =
0xFFECBAD7
(D:\USR\LOCAL\SBIN\INETD.EXE 1063) frame 4: sp = 0x253F394, pc =
0x788435EC
(D:\USR\LOCAL\SBIN\INETD.EXE 1063) frame 5: sp = 0x253F740, pc =
0x78842871
(D:\USR\LOCAL\SBIN\INETD.EXE 1063) frame 6: sp = 0x253F9F4, pc =
0x788438AA
(D:\USR\LOCAL\SBIN\INETD.EXE 1063) frame 7: sp = 0x253FA10, pc =
0x788496B0
(D:\USR\LOCAL\SBIN\INETD.EXE 1063) frame 8: sp = 0x253FA34, pc =
0x787F145F
(D:\USR\LOCAL\SBIN\INETD.EXE 1063) frame 9: sp = 0x253FA50, pc =
0x10027D58
(D:\USR\LOCAL\SBIN\INETD.EXE 1063) frame 10: sp = 0x253FA6C, pc =
0x10043D40
(D:\USR\LOCAL\SBIN\INETD.EXE 1063) frame 11: sp = 0x253FA78, pc =
0x401722
(D:\USR\LOCAL\SBIN\INETD.EXE 1063) frame 12: sp = 0x253FB6C, pc =
0x10006B59
(D:\USR\LOCAL\SBIN\INETD.EXE 1063) frame 13: sp = 0x253FE0C, pc =
0x10006B6C
(D:\USR\LOCAL\SBIN\INETD.EXE 1063) frame 14: sp = 0x253FE18, pc =
0x402E45
(D:\USR\LOCAL\SBIN\INETD.EXE 1063) frame 15: sp = 0x253FE28, pc =
0x40103A
(D:\USR\LOCAL\SBIN\INETD.EXE 1063) End of stack trace (more stack frames
may be present)

Would anybody care to explain what's going on here. BTW, I emailed
Sergei
also and according to him this is more like a W95 specific problem. If
anyone else
had similar problems and/or solutions please talk back.

Thanks much,
Sandeep.

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Sandeep Neema
 511 Chesterfield Avenue, #9D
 Nashville, TN37212

 Res: 615-297-6053   Off: 615-343-7566
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".