Subject: Re: RE: Passing list of objects to GNU ld...
From: [email-masked] (Berend Ozceri)

15 Jul 1998 11:37:10 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <01BDAFCE.1C007E00@sos>
To: [email-masked]

Excerpts from gnu-win32: 15-Jul-98 RE: Passing list of objects to by GNU ld...  
         Sergey Okhapkin        
>> Is there any way to get GNU ld to read the list of object files to be linked 

>> from a text file containing the names of the object files, one per line?
>> 
>ld [options] `cat listfile`

The problem is, I am trying to work around the issue of the command-line being 
too long (i.e. exceeding the maximum number of command-line arguments of the 
shell). Therefore cat'ing a file and expanding the file into arguments is *not* 
a solution.

In case anyone cares, this is for compiling the output of a Verilog simulator 
that converts Verilog into C, resulting in 1000+ object files.

Berend
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".