Subject: RE: reading/writing to files
From: [email-masked] (Frank Smith)

15 Jul 1998 05:42:12 -0700
Message-ID: <01BDAF3E.3C4FAE50.cygnus.gnu-win32@chestnut>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

I don't know anything about cygwin and you may be using C, but I've had 
problems with core dumps resulting from using C++ style strings with 
C-style functions (C++ strings may not be null terminated depending upon 
the implementation).  If you must use a C++ string with a C-style function, 
probably best to convert it to a C-style string first (e.g.., 
xxxx.c_str()).

Frank

----------
From: 	Jonathan George
Sent: 	Saturday, July 11, 1998 8:31 AM
To: 	[email-masked]
Subject: 	reading/writing to files

Hello all,

I'm writing this message again since my first message apparently didn't go
through....

I'm running Cygwin b19.1, compiling the program using: gcc -o lite lite.c

This program contains a routing that reads from a file then stores the data
that it read into variables, using fgets.  When running this program, the
program "dumps core" everytime, yet if I do NOT call that function, then it
goes ahead and runs...  It seems like whenever I try and access the
fprintf, fgets, or any file writing/reading function it will cause my
program to core.  I'm pretty sure I have all the include's correct, and the
program itself compiles with no errors.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".