Subject: RE: RPM for Cygwin32 B19
From: [email-masked] (Marcus Brown)

15 Jul 1998 04:13:59 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: David Fox <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Hi, 

-----Original Message-----
From: David Fox [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Sunday, July 12, 1998 7:40 AM
To: Marcus Brown
Subject: Re: RPM for Cygwin32 B19

You may be the first person besides myself who has installed and tried
to use this.  What release number of RPM did you retrieve?  What
arguments did you give to RPM?  What happens if you add "-v -v -v" to
the flags?
-- 

The rpm release that I retrieved was 2.4.109 and I followed the simple
instructions (also posted in the same spot) which said to untar the
package from the root directory.  Everything extracted without incident,
and the package I retrieved also contained an updated cygwinb19.dll.
RPM seems to be complaining about its startup file rpmrc, and when I
checked the man page for rpm it showed rpmrc to be contained in the /etc
and /lib directories.  I have a binary mount going to /etc from
C:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\etc and I have a copy of rpmrc in each
(/etc and /lib).

Also, when executing rpm, I recieve the error even when running the
program with no arguments.  It does the same when executing it with "-v
-v -v" or any arbitrary argument.  Does rpm usually say "Re-execing
rpm"?

Marcus

Note:  The line that rpm referred to (rpmrc:36) is as follows:

arch_canon:	i986:	i986	1

I opened this file once before in NT's brain dead edit.exe, which does
not preserve tabs, could this have something to do with it?
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".