Subject: Re: problems reading/writing to files?
From: [email-masked] (Fred Reimer)

13 Jul 1998 17:57:36 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>, "Christopher G. Faylor" <[email-masked]>

Hmpf.

I had a similar problem with junkbuster (www.junkbusters.com).  The provided
exe file for windows did not seem to want to read the config files from the
program directory when started as a NT service (using servany).  So, I
decided to recompile it as a "Unix" program using cygwin.  I ended up having
to comment out all the lines that wrote to the log file in order to get past
all of the stack exceptions.  Something is up with this, as I'm pretty sure
that the source was correct as it comes from junkbusters.  So either
Jonathan and the guys at Junkbusters have the same incorrect programming
habits (that happen to compile and run fine on Unix), both he and I have the
same mis-configuration, or something's up with cygwin...

Fred

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher G. Faylor <[email-masked]>
Newsgroups: cygnus.gnu-win32
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sunday, July 12, 1998 1:21 AM
Subject: Re: problems reading/writing to files?

>In article
<[email-masked]>,
>Jonathan George <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>Hello all!
>>
>>I'm compiling a program using cygwin b19.1, (gcc -o lite lite.c).
>>
>>The compile goes smoothly (no errors), yet when I run the program it seems
>>to core dump everytime it tries to either READ or WRITE to a file (using
>>fprintf and/or fgets...
>>
>>Here is the core:
>
>Debug this problem using gdb, just like you would do under UNIX.  Your
>program has an error in it.  This is probably not a cygwin problem.
>--
>[email-masked]             "Everything has a boolean value, if you stand
>http://www.cygnus.com/      far enough away from it."  -- Galena Alyson
Canada
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".