Subject: Re: Question...
From: [email-masked] (Michael Weiser)

12 Jul 1998 18:12:49 -0700
Message-ID: <35a9c75c.1096436.cygnus.gnu-win32@mail>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: Ben Elliston <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Hi Ben,

You wrote:

>> >I send a program that i compiled here for a friend... He said that this is
>> >asking for the file cygwin.dll ... To run my program the other person has
>> >to have this dll???
>> Yep, he has to have this DLL in the same directory the executable is
>> in. It contains the UNIX/POSIX-Emulation-Layer that's been developed
>> to make porting of UNIX Applications to NT as easy as possible.
>What's wrong with having the DLL in a directory that is listed in the PATH
>environment variable?
Nothing of course. I just forgot to mention that this is also
possible. ;)

Sorry.

bye

Michael
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".