Subject: config.h automatically included ???
From: [email-masked] (Pierre Dolmans)

11 Jul 1998 05:41:10 -0700
Message-ID: <09ee01bdac2d$7998ba40$25654ec1.cygnus.gnu-win32@p333>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

Hello,

I'm using a pre-compiler for embedded SQL, which produces a plain c-source
file with all #include statements already expanded.
When I compile this c-source with gcc, I get "redefinition" errors...

//d/Cygnus/include/sys/config.h:91: redefinition of '__int32_t'
//d/Cygnus/include/sys/config.h:91: '__int32_t' previously declared here
//d/Cygnus/include/sys/config.h:92: redefinition of '__uint32_t'
//d/Cygnus/include/sys/config.h:92: '__uint32_t' previously declared here

I searched the source file, and it only contains 1 definition of __int32_t
and __uint32_t, and it doesn't contain a single #include statement.
(As I said before, the file has already been pre-compiled, and all #include
statements have been expanded and the original location of the #include is
marked by #line-statements which allow the compiler to determine the
original line number and source in case of errors during parsing).

Appearantly, the config.h file is included automatically during compilation,
without the need for a #include.

I solved the problem by adding -D__SYS_CONFIG_H__ to my compiler command,
but I guess there must be a cleaner way of doing this..
Where do I find the full syntax of gcc (I tried -? and -help) ?

Regards,
Pierre Dolmans

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".