Subject: RE: Unix long filenames on CD under Win?
From: [email-masked] (Marcus Brown)

11 Jul 1998 01:54:32 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]

Yes, I tried to burn a linux distribution (for fear of a religious war,
don't ask which) but I notice that all linux distributions have the
YY_TRANS.TBL (which translates 8.3 to normal) in each directory.  Is
this an indication of rock ridge?  Does anyone know the program that is
usually used to burn CDs of this nature (win95 tools can't do it :( ?
After attempting to burn the distribution (using Joliet), the CDs would
not mount properly (with LFNs) under any *nix (incl. SCO and Linux).

Marcus

-----Original Message-----
From: Petr Stehlik [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, July 10, 1998 2:37 AM
To: 'Gnu-Win32'
Subject: Unix long filenames on CD under Win?

Hi,

don't you happen to know how to read LFN stored on a CD using RockRidge
extension of ISO9660 under Windows95/98/NT, please? Some kind of
filesystem
driver or so?

Petr

P.S. I know it's now possible to store RR and Joliet at one CD, but I
would
like to read older RR-only CDs as well.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message
to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".