Subject: RE: To whom do we contribute API header/
From: [email-masked] (Robin Crampton)

10 Jul 1998 22:09:17 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]

>Such changes should be sent to [email-masked].

What's the legal position?

How different do the cygwin32 Windows header files have to be from   
Microsofts to not infringe copyright, or whatever?  Can we just strip out   
all the comments and expand all the typedefs (well, obviously not all the   
typedefs, just the simple ones such as DWORD) ?  Do we even need to do   
that?  I imagine it's hard to enforce copyright on data structure   
definitions and function prototypes.

I've got my-mmsystem.h which I'll gladly donate, but at the moment it's   
just Microsofts with my hacks.  

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".