Subject: JDE 2.0.7 Released
From: [email-masked] (Paul Kinnucan)

10 Jul 1998 10:21:07 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

JDE 2.0.7 is available from

http://sunsite.auc.dk/jde/

This release fixes bugs related to customization of JDE
variables. It does so by modifying slightly the way that JDE variables
are saved in project files. This means that standard JDE commands
can no longer read project files created with previous versions. However,
this release includes a function, called `jde-convert-prj-file', that
converts old project files to the new format. See the online 
documentation (type C-h f jde-convert-prj-file) for more information.

Bugs Fixed
==========

* Custom saves every JDE variable in your .emacs file, not just those that
have
  been customized.

* Errors occur when Emacs tries to load an .emacs file that contains
customized
  JDE variables.

* Custom displays a message "This variable has been changed outside of a
  customization buffer" when you edit JDE variables restored from a project
file.

* Custom does not distinguish between JDE variables that have been
customized and
  those that have not for variables that have been restored from a project
file.

* The JDE help command cannot find the JDE documentation if you
byte-compile the
  JDE files.

About the JDE
=============

The JDE is an Emacs Lisp package that provides a highly configurable Emacs
wrapper for command-line Java development tools, such as those provided in
JavaSoft's JDK. The JDE provides menu access to a Java
compiler, debugger, and API doc. The Emacs/JDE combination adds features
typically missing from command-line tools, including: 

    syntax coloring 
    auto indentation 
    compile error to source links 
    source-level debugging 
    source code browsing
    Automatic code generation 

The JDE supports both Emacs (Unix and Windows versions) and XEmacs. It is
freely available under the GNU public license. 

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".