Subject: Problems with Cygnus and paths (default / path, /tmp, and more) is confusing byacc
From: [email-masked] (Jeff Coffler)

10 Jul 1998 08:26:03 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

Hi folks,

I checked the FAQ, and most of the archives, and I have a problem that's
stumping me.

I'm not using much of the cdk, but I am trying to use byacc (from cygnus
b19).  It seems that, on certain systems, byacc is generating a .c file
that's just plain wrong, given it's input (and the results won't compile
using Microsoft VC++ V5.0).

Some basic setup stuff:

Cygnus is installed in:    e:\packages\cygnus (so that the bin directory is
in "e:\Packages\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32" - but I don't believe case
matters).

The stuff I'm trying to build is on e: as well, deep in a directory

My /tmp directory:    d:\temp    (but I tried this half a dozen different
ways - bash isn't complaining about my setup)

Gleening from the FAQ, my mount points look as follows:

Device           Directory           Type        Flags
e:\packages\cygnus\b19\h-i386-cygwin32 /usr                native
text!=binary
d:\TEMP          /tmp                native      text!=binary
\\.\tape1:       /dev/st1            native      text!=binary
\\.\tape0:       /dev/st0            native      text!=binary
\\.\b:           /dev/fd1            native      text!=binary
\\.\a:           /dev/fd0            native      text!=binary
e:               /                   native      text!=binary

When I invoke byacc, I don't get any unusual errors.  But the resulting
output is (clearly) wrong.  On a different system (also NT V4.0, with
different directory paths), byacc is working fine.

Can anyone offer advice?

I've also tried with /usr -> e:\packages\cygnus\b19, but that didn't help
either.  As I said, I'm stumped.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

    -- Jeff

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".