Subject: Re: Windows 98
From: [email-masked] (Fred Reimer)

10 Jul 1998 06:59:42 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "Mike Bandy" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>

Yes, no problems that I can detect at this point with win98 specific causes.
I'm rather new to cygwin, so can't give a full endorsement (although I've
had a lot of experience porting Unix code around).

My main problem now is that I'm using the link-compatible egcs with the
Platform SDK from Microsoft and I don't think egcs like's the "interface"
stuff for COM and DirectX.  "Normal" programs seem to compile fine though.

NOTE: If you're having problems with the Platform SDK you didn't read the
docs that came with it.  MS changed the format of the import libraries and
you have to use their link.exe to convert them back to the "old" format
before link-compat-egcs can read them.  TO do this you will have to get a
dll that is missing from the Platform SDK where the new link.exe is.  I got
it by downloading all 90 something megs of the VC++ service pack and
extracting it.  I think it's MSPDB50.DLL.

Anyone have any clues for the "interface" problem?

Fred

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Bandy <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wednesday, July 08, 1998 9:35 PM
Subject: Windows 98

>
>Is anybody running Cygwin under Windows 98?  Any problems going from Win
>95 to Win 98 that I might want to look out for w.r.t. Cygwin?
>
>--
>Mike Bandy
>[email-masked]    |  If you go into a situation with nothing
>Johns Hopkins University    |  planned, sometimes wonderful stuff happens.
>Applied Physics Laboratory  |   -Jerry Garcia
>
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".