Subject: Re: Question...
From: [email-masked] (Michael Weiser)

10 Jul 1998 03:14:48 -0700
Message-ID: <35a6ec92.1498044.cygnus.gnu-win32@mail>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "Marcel R." <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Hi Marcel,

You wrote:

>I send a program that i compiled here for a friend... He said that this is
>asking for the file cygwin.dll ... To run my program the other person has
>to have this dll???
Yep, he has to have this DLL in the same directory the executable is
in. It contains the UNIX/POSIX-Emulation-Layer that's been developed
to make porting of UNIX Applications to NT as easy as possible.

If you don't need that layer and want to compile "real"
Win32-executables you can use Jan-Jaap van der Heijden's gcc 2.8.1 or
Mumit Khan's egcs 1.0.2 for mingw32. They are available from
http://agnes.dida.physik.uni-essen.de/~janjaap/mingw32/ and
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/egcs-mingw32.html
respectively.

bye

Michael
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".