Subject: MINGW32/wstdio/libslang port of the slrn news reader
From: [email-masked]

9 Jul 1998 00:57:29 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

The latest updated port of slrn to Windows 32 boxes has been posted to
	alt.binaries.news-server-comparison.

This is a compressed, archived, latest beta of the 32-bit Windows
version of the Unix SLRN news reader.  It is statically linked to
the libslang library and the wstdio console library.  To send
mail from the news reader, you need to find the `sendmail' program
on the internet, and modify the configuration (slrn.rc) file
accordingly.

Because of the present limitations of the MINGW32 compiler when a
graphics program is linked to crtdll.dll, you need to launch slrn
either from a Microsoft console command line or from a batch (.bat)
file.  A sample slrn.bat file is enclosed.

Included are latest copies of libwstdio.a and libslang.a (with changes
for libwstdio.a), as well as include files needed for compiling programs.

Features include:

	- Mouse capability (with the -m option)
	- For Windows 3, converts internal file names of any size
	  to (8,3) file names, but uses (8,3) external files, such
	  as newsrc.txt.
	- Optimized screen-display algorithm, so that screen updates
	  are super fast (new feature).
	- Copy-and-paste now implemented.
	- Not a Windows console app, so can use, e. g., Windows
	  asynchronous socket calls.  (to do)
	- slrn configuration file (slrn.rc) debugged for Windows use

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".