Subject: mv loosing files (on NT3.5)
From: [email-masked] (Urs Schulthess)

8 Jul 1998 18:14:44 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

I tried to rename a file from upper to lower case with 

mv TEST.TXT test.txt

doing this on my local filesystem (NT4.0 Servicepack 3, NTFS) it works
perfectly. It is not even necessary since bash generally seems to be
able to guess that I mean "TEST.TXT" by typing "test.txt". As long as
no other variations of Test exist.

doing the same on one of our fileservers (NT3.5, NTFS)  I get the
following message:

mv: cannot move `TEST.TXT' to `test.txt': No such file or directory

and my file is no more. *sniff*

Seems to be a bug? Did anybody else observe this?

Urs
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".