Subject: another config prob
From: [email-masked] (Gary D. Hachtel)

7 Jul 1998 07:45:35 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>,
        "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

Thanks to your previous help, I now have my environment veariables set
correctly.
But still configure fails. Here are some screen dumps from running
configure. From the ls -l results, config.sub appears to be an
executable shell script.

$ ./configure
loading cache ./config.cache
checking for ar... /Cygnus/B19/H-i386-cygwin32/bin/ar
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for a BSD compatible install...
/Cygnus/B19/H-i386-cygwin32/bin/install
 -c
checking for gcc... cc
checking whether the C compiler (cc  ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (cc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... yes
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
configure: error: can not run helpers/config.sub
$

$ ls -l
total 82
-rw-r--r--   1 0        everyone     7462 Jul  2 09:53 INSTALL
-rw-rw-rw-   1 0        everyone    24729 Jul  6 15:42 Makefile
-rwxrwxr-x   1 0        everyone    23258 Jul  2 09:53 Makefile.in
-rwxrwxr-x   1 0        everyone      759 Jul  2 09:53 NEWS
-rw-r--r--   1 0        everyone     5620 Jul  2 09:53 README
-rw-r--r--   1 0        everyone      805 Jul  2 16:17 compnotes
-rw-r--r--   1 0        everyone       69 Jul  6 16:38 confdefs.h
-rw-r--r--   1 0        everyone        0 Jul  2 09:57 config.cache
-rw-r--r--   1 0        everyone      604 Jul  6 16:38 config.log
-rwxrwxrwx   1 0        everyone     6161 Jul  6 15:42 config.status
-rwxrwxr-x   1 0        everyone    73353 Jul  2 09:53 configure
-rwxrwxr-x   1 0        everyone    11148 Jul  2 09:53 configure.in
drwxr-xr-x   7 0        everyone        0 Jun 29 00:01 helpers
drwxr-xr-x  22 0        everyone        0 Jul  6 15:42 include
drwxr-xr-x  17 0        everyone        0 Jun 29 00:01 obj
drwxr-xr-x  21 0        everyone        0 Jun 29 00:01 src
$ ls -l helpers
total 25
-rwxrwxr-x   1 0        everyone    20370 Jul  2 09:53 config.guess
-rwxrwxr-x   1 0        everyone    19236 Jul  2 09:53 config.sub
-rw-rw-r--   1 0        everyone     1026 Jul  2 09:53 dependency.make
-rwxrwxr-x   1 0        everyone     4772 Jul  2 09:53 install-sh
-rwxrwxr-x   1 0        everyone      649 Jul  2 09:53 mkinstalldirs
$

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".