Subject: fflush()
From: [email-masked]

5 Jul 1998 19:40:41 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hello,

I am using the CYGWIN32 cross-compiler to Win32 (from LINUX).  I have used
versions based on both cygwin-b18-2 and cygwin-b19.  The fflush() command
does not seem to work.  For example, I cannot fflush(stdout).  My program
is a console application, and I run it in a Windows 95 dos shell.  stdout
is not written until the program terminates.  All fflush(stdout) commands
are ignored.  The same behavior occurs when fflush() is applied to a file.
The file is not written until the program terminates.  The only way around
this has been to fclose() the file I wish to write output to.  This seems
to be the only way to dump the contents of the relevant buffers.  The
program works flawlessly when I compile the program for LINUX using gcc.
Any suggestions?

Please reply directly to me (and the list).  Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Jas.

===================================
Jasjeet S. Sekhon                           
Harvard University
[email-masked]
http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~jsekhon
===================================

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".