Subject: diffutils should be compiled with HAVE_SETMODE
From: [email-masked] (Bob Ramstad)

4 Jul 1998 16:34:57 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

howdy.  yes, this is a "me too".  the diff utilities should
be compiled with HAVE_SETMODE so that binary diffs work
properly.

please please please consider doing this with the next
release.  i compiled from source and it works fine except
that the output doesn't CR/LF and so the output looks funny.

the version of diff that ships with b19 has good looking output
but it's completely useless with binary files and reports just
about anything as being identical, which imho is a major bug
for a tool for comparing files :-)

-- Bob
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".