Subject: Re: Cygwinb19.dll
From: [email-masked] (Michael Hirmke)

3 Jul 1998 19:59:39 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Hi Robert,

[...]
>#In this case of course the same directory would be the appropriate
>#place. But to keep all apps in one directory is another bad idea IMHO ;)
>
>When I talk about binaries, I'm meaning my programs, not the suite that
>comprises CYGWIN. Since,
>I'm not planning on turning out 100's of programs, only maybe half a dozen,
>surely that would be
>okay to plant them in the same directory?

Yes, of course :)
I recognized, that you did not mean the Cygnus CDK, but I thought, you
really intend to distribute a few large apps. In this case, it wouldn't
be a good idea to put them all in one single directory. But if you want
to give away only some small programs and you know, that on these
systems there is no Cygnus CDK installed, it is perfectly ok to put the
dll into the same directory as your programs.
IMHO of course :)

>
>Is there something I've missed, after all, you're the expert - not me ;-)

I'm not an expert, at most I'm an experienced user.

>
>
>By the way, thanks for your work on CYGWIN, e.g. the program ports faq. I
>often think that us users don't
>take enough time to thank developers and gurus like you for all their hard
>work ....

Great to hear that you like my report :)
Besides that it would also be great, if more people could contribute to
it. I often see packages somewhere, which I don't know and which are not
in this report. This report is only useful, if as many people as
possible make there contributions.

>
>Bye.
>
>Bob Cross.

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
90489 Nuernberg          | E-Mail  mailto:[email-masked]
                         | WWW     http://aquarius.franken.de/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".