Subject: tar: using gnu tar with a SCSI-II tape drive on win32
From: [email-masked] (Urs Rau)

3 Jul 1998 13:57:31 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
To: [email-masked]

Hi there,

It's quite nice to have all those win32 gnu-tools but I can't figure out how to 
use "gnu - tar" to access my scsi DAT (HP35480A  4mm 90m) tape drive 
that hangs off an adaptec 1542 adapter. [it would really be great if I could 
exchange data from the unix world to the win-world that way]

I have looked at the mount command and it looks "teasingly/promising" in 
that it says there is a mount point for the /dev/st0 scsi tape drive. Only 
problem is that win32 doesn't seem to have a /dev/st0??

How can access it under win32 - is it possible with cygwinb19? Or do I have 
to go looking somewhere else? Where?

Urs
------------------------------------------------------------+
| Operation Mobilisation, The Quinta, Weston Rhyn, OSWESTRY |
| SY10 7lT, UK, FAX: +44-1691-778378, TEL: +44-1691-773388  |
| Email: [email-masked]                                  |
+-----------------------------------------------------------+
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".