Subject: (Parallel make) gmake -j4 crashes often: runtime error R6016
From: [email-masked] (Christopher Dunn)

3 Jul 1998 08:50:13 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Sometimes, I see this message in the console window:

runtime error R6016
- not enough space for thread data

Actually, I can even get that message with make -j1. It happens after
about two dozen gmakes finish in different directories. The last step is
for the executable to be linked with the libraries. 

Is there a way to increase the space avaialable for the thread data?

I am using the latest version, downloaded as an executable. I have a
four-processor machine. I use MAKE_MODE=win32.

Christopher Dunn
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".