Subject: Re: Cygwinb19.dll
From: [email-masked] (Paul Shirley)

3 Jul 1998 05:56:47 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Cc: [email-masked]

In message <[email-masked]>,
[email-masked] writes
>(Side point, I remember reading somewhere that Win'95 has quite a low limit on 
>the number of files permitted
>in a directory. If this is true, then surely that's another good reason not to 
>stuff all DLL's in the one place, "x:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM" ?)

AFAIK it only affects root directories (which is of course why you don't
put files in drive roots) There are 2 problems, one is a fixed directory
limit (256 or 512?, not sure) and the LFN support chews multiple entries
for each object in the root.
I have one directory with 2,100 files in it at the moment, no obvious
problems.

-- 
Paul Shirley
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".