Subject: Re: Bug Report
From: [email-masked] (Christopher G. Faylor)

2 Jul 1998 15:27:27 GMT
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>
X-Newsreader: trn 4.0-test63 (15 March 1998)

In article <[email-masked]>,
Ronald Pijnacker <[email-masked]> wrote:
>....
>> To fix the most serious problems:
>>   Please, _READ_ the IMPORTANT UPGRADE NOTICE at the end of this note.
>>   Please, ensure that there is only _ONE_ cygwinb19.dll.
>>   Please, ensure that _ALL_ b18 binaries have been removed.
>>   Please, _USE_ the Searchable Mail Archives.
>....
>
>Wouldn't it be about time to release a new (or at least updated)
>version of the cygwin stuff? This would alow newcomers to start
>without having to upgrade their newly installed distrubution before
>they can do something useful. It would also eliminate the necessity
>for Earnie to keep on having to type `_READ_ the IMPORTANT UPGRADE
>NOTICE' etc. every time somebody asks a question about why something
>doesn't work.

You're right.  We'll probably be releasing a new version sometime after
Geoffrey returns from vacation.
-- 
[email-masked]             "Everything has a boolean value, if you stand
http://www.cygnus.com/      far enough away from it."  -- Galena Alyson Canada