Subject: beginner's problem
From: [email-masked] (Don McKenzie)

2 Jul 1998 06:27:44 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

Sorry for the simple question, but:

I have installed beta 19.1 on an NT machine (FAT file system), am
running bash, and tried compiling a simple program from the command
line with gcc.  When I try to run the resulting "a.exe" from the command
line, the error
message "a:(or a.exe) command not found" appears.  When running from
the Windows start menu/run, a DOS window appears and immediately 
disappears, even though the program prompts for user input.

I must be missing something really obvious, but what?  (I have lots
of experience compiling and running programs on a sparc).

Thanks much.

_______________________________________________________________________

                           DON MCKENZIE

            		Research Ecologist
              College of Forest Resources, Box 352100
                      University of Washington 
                        Seattle, WA 98195

                            206.543.9138                              
                       [email-masked]
     http://silvae.cfr.washington.edu/people/dmck/home.html

_______________________________________________________________________
-

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".