Subject: Re: Cygwinb19.dll
From: [email-masked]

1 Jul 1998 11:10:51 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: MULTIPART/MIXED; BOUNDARY="Boundary_(ID_dgTflCgeDqqntA7GxBmeIQ)"
To: [email-masked]

--Boundary_(ID_dgTflCgeDqqntA7GxBmeIQ)
Content-type: TEXT/PLAIN

>I think the former would be the best. I really loathe app's that insist on
>putting
>their junk in the WINDOWS tree - after all those directories are/should-be
>reserved
>for Microsoft's junk <g>

#So, you would put a copy of cygwin.dll to every directory you want to
#have a cygwin32 binary in ? Bad idea IMHO.

Agreed, that's why I wouldn't do it  =8-o

If/when I start shipping code I'd prefer, to make it easier to audit, to keep 
all CYGWIN-produced binaries
in one place. So, correct me if I'm wrong, that's the best place to put the 
..DLL?!

(Side point, I remember reading somewhere that Win'95 has quite a low limit on 
the number of files permitted
in a directory. If this is true, then surely that's another good reason not to 
stuff all DLL's in the one place, "x:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM" ?)

Bob

--Boundary_(ID_dgTflCgeDqqntA7GxBmeIQ)--
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".