Subject: Re: -mwindows
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

1 Jul 1998 10:31:01 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: John Dye <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

On Tue, 30 Jun 1998, John Dye wrote:

> Hi, I'm new to C programming, and am having some trouble getting things to
> work. In particular, I can't getting g++ to reckise the option -mwindows,
> it just reports an unknown option message. What am I doing wrong or what
> haven't I done that I should have?
> 

In the current release, it's only valid for *linking*, not when compiling.
 
 % g++ -c foo.c
 % g++ -o foo -mwindows foo.o

Works. It'll be fixed in the next release.

btw, you should definitely use the search facility to look for articles on
similar topics. See http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32/ for more info on
how to search.

Regards,
Mumit

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".