Subject: RE: WINVER
From: [email-masked] (Robin Crampton)

30 Jun 1998 22:39:57 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

>Rather than expect that we'll smack our heads and say, "Oh!  Of course!
>WINVER!  I'll add it right away!"  Why not take some time and explain
>what WINVER is and provide a patch to add it to the correct place?

Sorry.  I just assumed you'd have a genuine (!) windows.h knocking about.
Though I think you're being a bit harsh, I did say:

>I've just noticed that WINVER is not defined in the GNU version of
>windows.h.

So all you had to do was look in Microsoft windows.h and BAM! there it   
is.

At the very top of windows.h (right after the multiple-inclusion guard),   
this idiom appears:

 #ifndef WINVER
 #define WINVER 0x0400
 #endif

In mmsystem.h, lots of lovely new functionality is switched on thus:

 #if(WINVER >= 0x0400)

And this new stuff is what I couldn't get at (initially).

I've never written a patch before, but I'll give it a go...
Any pointers?  

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".