Subject: GDB on running process
From: [email-masked] (Eric Proust)

30 Jun 1998 17:50:22 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: GNU Win32 <[email-masked]>

I am trying to debug an interface program, that is launched by a particular
software. I can attach GDB to the process and set a breakpoint, but when
the breakpoint is about to be reached, I get a message saying "cannot
access memory at address xxxxxx". It looks like NT doesnt allow to access
memory between processes, which was to be expected (software at your
fingertips....). But then, is there a way to go around this, or will I have
to debug with printf statements ?
Thanks
Eric
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".