Subject: sendmail 8.9.0
From: [email-masked]

28 Jun 1998 20:59:14 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: [email-masked]

Sometimes the sendmail-8.9.0 binary executes and sometimes not.

bash-2.01# sendmail -bd
(c:\bin\sendmail.exe 1440) Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
(c:\bin\sendmail.exe 1440) Dumping stack trace to sendmail.exe.core

Digging a bit deeper I get the following.

c:\bin\sendmail.exe 1442 (0) search_for: line from passwd file daemon:*:2:2:daemon:/sbin:

c:\bin\sendmail.exe 1442 (0) _sbrk: _sbrk (4096)
c:\bin\sendmail.exe 1442 (0) _sbrk: base 0x10080000, ptr 0x10083000, end 0x18083000, size 134217728, avail 134205440
c:\bin\sendmail.exe 1442 (0) _sbrk: 0x10083000 = sbrk (0x1000) (total 0x4000)
c:\bin\sendmail.exe 1442 (0) _sbrk: _sbrk (4096)
c:\bin\sendmail.exe 1442 (0) _sbrk: base 0x10080000, ptr 0x10084000, end 0x18084000, size 134217728, avail 134201344
c:\bin\sendmail.exe 1442 (0) _sbrk: 0x10084000 = sbrk (0x1000) (total 0x5000)
c:\bin\sendmail.exe 1442 (0) search_for: line from passwd file administrator::0:0:root:/home/darren:/bin/bash

c:\bin\sendmail.exe 1442 (0) __cygwin32_exception_handler: In cygwin32_except_handler exc C0000005 at 1004A644 sp 245EDA0
c:\bin\sendmail.exe 1442 (0) __cygwin32_exception_handler: In cygwin32_except_handler sig = 11 at 1004A644
(c:\bin\sendmail.exe 1442) Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
(c:\bin\sendmail.exe 1442) Dumping stack trace to sendmail.exe.core
c:\bin\sendmail.exe 1442 (0) wait_sig: subproc_ready 0x24
c:\bin\sendmail.exe 1442 (0) do_exit: do_exit (98304)
c:\bin\sendmail.exe 1442 (0) _close: close (0)
c:\bin\sendmail.exe 1442 (0) tty_list::free_tty: tty 0 allocated 5 times
c:\bin\sendmail.exe 1442 (0) fhandler_tty_slave::close: tty0 closed
c:\bin\sendmail.exe 1442 (0) _close: 0 = close (0)
c:\bin\sendmail.exe 1442 (0) delqueue_list::process_queue: Running delqueue
c:\bin\sendmail.exe 1442 (0) _close: close (1)
c:\bin\sendmail.exe 1442 (0) fhandler_base::close: (handle 296)
c:\bin\sendmail.exe 1442 (0) fhandler_base::set_handle: set handle to -99
c:\bin\sendmail.exe 1442 (0) _close: 0 = close (1)
c:\bin\sendmail.exe 1442 (0) delqueue_list::process_queue: Running delqueue
c:\bin\sendmail.exe 1442 (0) _close: close (2)
c:\bin\sendmail.exe 1442 (0) fhandler_base::close: (handle 312)

What is the status of gdb under cygnus, is it fully functioning or
not? gdb reports that it cannot read core files, does this mean
that the code needs to handle reading .exe files, and stripping
that chunk out? I guess its a lot more complicated than that :-)
Am I expecting too much?

I've found lots of missing header files, when I patched sendmail-8.9.0
with the sendmail-8.9.0.diff, perhaps if someone could put together a few
pages of what other packages I need, it would speed up the process loads.

Theres another thing, thats bugging me. 
c:\bin\sendmail.exe 1014 (0) dll_crt0_1: Application CYGWIN version: 19.2
c:\bin\sendmail.exe 1014 (0) dll_crt0_1: CYGWIN DLL version        : 19.1

I've tried various cygwinb19.dll dynamic link libraries, am I being thick,
and should go look for a custom version 19.2?

Alternatively if anyone has ported any other Mail Transport Agent's, that
would be nice :-)

thanks for any technical insight.
D
-- 

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------
 <a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
 PGP DSS/DH 1024/1024 public Key ID 0xF0AE2B5F. 

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".