Subject: Re: Cygwinb19.dll
From: [email-masked] (Tadeusz Liszka)

27 Jun 1998 19:33:12 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <c=GB%a=TMAILUK%p=DCNET%l=[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: Michael Weiser <[email-masked]>
Cc: Edward Avis <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

Michael Weiser wrote:
> 
> Hi Edward,
> 
> You wrote:
> 
> >>if a person is running more than 1 Cygnus compiled application at a
> >>time, you are saving on memory space and harddrive space to go with
> >>dynamic linking.
> >AFAIK, Windows loads a _separate copy_ of each DLL for every program
> >that uses it.  That's one of the reasons it uses so much memory.
> >
> >(Please tell me I'm wrong... :-( )
> AFAIK you are wrong. Doing so would turn the concept of dynamic
> linking for saving memory into absolute nonsense. :)
> 
It wouldnt be the first time, that the swell idea was turned into the
nonsense  :-) Compare: US governement, IRS, communism, Gates empire
.......
-- 
+------------------------------+----------------------------+---------+
|Tadeusz J. Liszka PhD.        |Computational Mechanics Co. |`.\`.    |
|phone: (512)467-0618 ext 526  | http://www.comco.com       |  .\ `.  |
|fax:  467-1382;  7800 Shoal Creek #290E, Austin, TX, 78757 |  . \  `.|
+------------------------------+----------------------------+---------+
|Obligatory disclaimer:        |Obligatory cool quote:                |
| These opinions are my own,   | The public opinion should be really  |
| I sometimes agree with them, | alarmed by its own nonexistence      |
| no one else has to.          |     Stanislaw Jerzy Lec, transl. TJL |
+------------------------------+--------------------------------------+
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".