Subject: Re: Why MINGW32-EGCC compiled programs so big in size?
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

27 Jun 1998 19:33:02 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Gunther Ebert <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Andrey I. Iliev" <[email-masked]>,
        "\"GNU-Win32\"" <[email-masked]>

On Fri, 26 Jun 1998, Gunther Ebert wrote:

[ ... steps to strip crt* and libgcc.a ... ]

I however strongly recommend that you *DO NOT* strip libstdc++ of
debugging information. Unless of course you never ever need to use
the debugger on code that uses string<>, complex<> etc templated
types. If you do, please do make sure you save a copy of these
stripped archives/libraries somewhere, possibly prefixed with
debug or something so you can go back when you need to.

Mumit

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".