Subject: RE: WINVER
From: [email-masked] (Robertson, Jason V)

27 Jun 1998 04:27:01 -0700
Message-ID: <7BEBE893ABDFD111AC3F00A0C96B159F1D541B.cygnus.gnu-win32@FMSMSX32>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

Actually I think defining WINVER is the developers responsibility.  You need
to add it to your defines for certain API calls that are version specific.
It's undefined by default for a reason.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 1998 7:00 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: WINVER

In article <[email-masked]>,
Robin Crampton <[email-masked]> wrote:
>I've just noticed that WINVER is not defined in the GNU version of   
>windows.h.
>I'm using mmsystem.h from VC5, and it expects WINVER to be defined.
>It's a harmless thing to do, so could it be added to windows.h in the   
>next release?
>(Then I can stop including my-windows.h which defines it and then   
>includes windows.h...)  

It is always helpful when requesting changes for the request to be
as specific as possible.

Rather than expect that we'll smack our heads and say, "Oh!  Of course!
WINVER!  I'll add it right away!"  Why not take some time and explain
what WINVER is and provide a patch to add it to the correct place?
-- 
[email-masked]             "Everything has a boolean value, if you stand
http://www.cygnus.com/      far enough away from it."  -- Galena Alyson
Canada
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".