Subject: inputrc _NOT_ read feature.
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

27 Jun 1998 03:21:30 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: gw32 <[email-masked]>

There have been several posts in the past about the inputrc file not
being read; but I don't remember seeing any answers.  

I've found that this is a feature of the readline library.  If the
file contains \r\n line endings with text processing mode then it
assumes an error occured because the number of bytes reported by the
read is less than the number of bytes reported by stat.  The
workaround is to remove the \r from the inputrc file.  The fix is to
modify the bind.c from the readline source.

BTW: For those of you who might be interested I'm close to having
ported the readline-2.2 library to native win32 via mingw32.  It's
mostly working including tab completion, history walking and line
editing.  I'm testing/debugging at the moment.
==
-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".