Subject: Bug in mmap
From: [email-masked] (Ronald Pijnacker)

26 Jun 1998 20:33:53 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked] (cygwin)

Hi all,

I believe I have found a bug in the mmap routine. It manifests itself
when an offset is given that is not zero.

In WindowsNT, when a MapViewOfFile of length `len' is performed at
offset `off', the CreateFileMapping must have at least length
`len'+`off', otherwise the MapViewOfFile function returns an error
(1132, I think).

I have had a look in mmap.cc. The CreateFileMapping function is called
here with length `len'. I believe this should be changed to
`len'+`off'.

Regards,

Ronald Pijnacker
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".