Subject: Compilation of Perl
From: [email-masked] (Dr. Volker Zell)

26 Jun 1998 04:21:34 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0 (generated by tm-edit 7.106)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

Hi all

Trying to compile Perl 5.004.04 with the Socket-Modul gives me the
following errors:

ar rcu libperl.a perl.o malloc.o gv.o toke.o perly.o op.o regcomp.o dump.o util.o mg.o hv.o av.o run.o pp_hot.o sv.o pp.o scop
e.o pp_ctl.o pp_sys.o doop.o doio.o regexec.o taint.o deb.o universal.o globals.o perlio.o
gcc2  -L/usr/local/lib -o miniperl miniperlmain.o libperl.a -lcygwin -lm -lkernel32 /usr/local/lib/libcrypt.a
libperl.a(pp_sys.o)(.text+0x7057):pp_sys.c: undefined reference to `getnetbyname'
libperl.a(pp_sys.o)(.text+0x70d9):pp_sys.c: undefined reference to `getnetbyaddr'
libperl.a(pp_sys.o)(.text+0x70e7):pp_sys.c: undefined reference to `getnetent'
libperl.a(pp_sys.o)(.text+0x72cb):pp_sys.c: undefined reference to `getprotoent'
libperl.a(pp_sys.o)(.text+0x7515):pp_sys.c: undefined reference to `getservent'
libperl.a(pp_sys.o)(.text+0x76ce):pp_sys.c: undefined reference to `setnetent'
libperl.a(pp_sys.o)(.text+0x7712):pp_sys.c: undefined reference to `setprotoent'
libperl.a(pp_sys.o)(.text+0x7756):pp_sys.c: undefined reference to `setservent'
libperl.a(pp_sys.o)(.text+0x77c3):pp_sys.c: undefined reference to `endnetent'
libperl.a(pp_sys.o)(.text+0x7807):pp_sys.c: undefined reference to `endprotoent'
libperl.a(pp_sys.o)(.text+0x784b):pp_sys.c: undefined reference to `endservent'
make: *** [miniperl] Error 1

Does anybody know how to patch/compile perl in order to get socket
support ?? The QUB group at http://www.qub.com/group/ have a binary
which supports sockets, so it must be possible.

Ciao
  Volker

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".