Subject: Re: Installation errors
From: [email-masked] (ryelah)

26 Jun 1998 02:05:41 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <BB19A85E3397D11190EA00805F57038777D5@PDX1NT02>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

I wanted to thank everyone who replied so soon to help with the enviroment error I
had.  switching the memory on the shortcut to 4096 worked fine.  now i'm on the
second error <g>

This is what the FAQ states to do next:

There are two remaining thing you should do from this prompt. First, you need to
type mkdir -p /tmp to ensure that a temp directory exists for programs that expect
to find one there.

First off what directory do I create it in?  I have a TEMP directory stated in my
autoexec.bat file but I'm assuming this wants a different one.  I tried creating it
next to the /bin directory and also in the same directory as the one that the
cygnus.bat file operates out of.  both times I got a bash cannot find /tmp please
create

the mkdir -p /tmp gives me an "invalid switch error"  so does mkdir -p \tmp

Thank you for your patiences

Shalor

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".